Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wow I'm sore!!!!!

The last two days have been some of my hardest training to date. I went to the gym with my Professor at 5:30am this past Friday for workouts outside of my school. I can't truly say that Professor Bam is a machine. I don't know if I'm slacking in my training or Professor Bam is just that in shape. Mind you Professor is 46years old and one of the hardest working individuals I've ever come across. Our workout consisted of 19 minutes on the treadmill from there is were the but kicking begin. We started out with three exercise circuits. We did arms and abs for the first circuit. We started with arm curls, hammer curls, and leg raises with medicine ball hits to the stomach. I don't know what happen but when we did the medicine ball hits to the stomach, I almost lost my morning drink(Perfect Food Raw). From that point on I was fighting myself not to quit. We were working so hard that I couldn't quite especially in front of Professor. We were going so hard that the people in the gym was looking at us like we are crazy. We were practicing our kicks and punches on each other and using weights to strength train. We worked out for about an hour and went to shot some basketball as a cool down to finish the workout.

Today I had workout at 6am at the school which is for the Black Belt cycle candidates and Senior Black Belts. This morning was also a pretty intense workout too. We always start the day with rope jumping for an entire song. All of our workouts incorporate music to give us a sense of timing. We started the workout with dips, since we had a lot of people we had to do pushups until everyone had a chance to do the dips. After dips we did hanging leg ups and had to do squats and then leg lifts while we wanted for everyone to finish. The leg lifts were tough because one of the Senior Black Belts jump from person to person stomach to stomach. After everyone finish that round, we had to duck walk around the school. Yeah my legs were shaking here. As soon as I thought that it couldn't get any worse we had to hold Kung-Fu stances that I've never done before other than doing the Mabu or(horse stance). Man we were all fighting with ourselves to not quit, but once it was over all I can say was I was happy:) I know that epson salt is calling my name.....Silent Warrior

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your journey! I'm trying to motivate myself to incorporate physical fitness into my lifestyle. It helps to see someone who's so dedicated!

    ReplyDelete