Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This is My World


This is my first blog.. I Love fitness and being in good physical condition. I thought that going to the gym and lifting weights and doing a little cardio was keeping me in shape. Man was I surprised when I went to my first Martial Arts class. I take Street Combat with the Great Willie "The Bam" Johnson at the Bam's Family Center In Laurel Md. For those of you who are wondering what it is, It's street kung fu or self defense for the STREETS!!!! After the first class I knew that I was not in shape. I was doing things with my body that I never imagined. I remember trying to attempt handstand pushups, doing numerous types of pushups, punching the speed bag, doing situps, jumping rope, and using my forearms to push myself across the floor. It was so much that I became overwhelmed.. The one thing that I like was I can get better by going to my gym and trying to improve on the things we did in class. Not only can you improve physically but mentally and spiritually.... As it says in our Student Creed!! Stay tuned for more to come. As I go to class you will hear about the bumps and bruises and blood and hopefully no tears....By the way if you look closely you can see the cuts on my face...CRAAAZZZY

No comments:

Post a Comment