Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Class and More Bruises


Yesterday while in my Street Combat class we grappled and did a little bit of Jujitsu. As I told you in my first blog when we do any of our techniques its for the street, so anything goes. My partner yesterday knows that he's not physically strong so he uses flesh grabs and pokes to the eyes or stomps on your feet  to distract his opponent. So yesterday day we were practicing the kimura from the mount position and how to change positions from the guard. Now mind you my partner is at least 50 pounds heavier than I am. I can tell you it was a trip trying to move this guy when we were learning our escapes from the guard. I was struggling trying to get my feet into position to push his body back but he just laid there like the blob. Once I could get my feet into position it still was hard trying to roll him over even when I had my feet in the right position. Pictures don't lie.. If you look at the side of my face you can see the red bruising that I got from his elbows when were we grappling. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I enjoy my Street Combat classes and love the sense of challenging myself on a day to day basis. I'm am going through the Black Belt cycle. Next post what exercises I have to complete each day and throughout the week.  Until next time be safe and always observe your surrounding.. The SILENT WARRIOR

No comments:

Post a Comment