Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NOT YOUR COMMERCIAL BLACK BELT


So if If I haven't told you I'm going through my Black Belt cycle for Street Combat at the BAM'S UMAC. I recently got my requirements for this 6 month cycle and they are the toughest requirments that I've ever had to deal with.

Here's what I have to do on a daily basis.
  1. 1000 situps a day
  2. 1000 punches a day
  3. 1000 kicks a day
  4. 200 push-ups
  5. 600 leg lifts
  6. shadow box two times a week
  7. heavy bag work two times a week
  8. run 3 miles three times a week
This is just the physical aspect!!

My diet for the six months
  1. NO Red meat
  2. NO Pork
  3. NO Sugar unless its Raw honey
  4. NO junk food
  5. NO caffeine
  6. NO fried foods
  7. Can't eat after 9pm
The mental and spiritual aspect of the Cycle
  1. Do read spiritual books everyday
  2. Do read Martial Arts books everyday
  3. Do complete cycle projects
So the last two weeks I've altered my schedule and have been waking up extremely early to workout with my Black Belt cycle mate and Professor Bam. I'm a Police Officer, who works the evening shift from 02:45pm to 12:45am. So imagine working a 10 hour shift, come home take a short nap and get up at 04:45am so I can get to the gym at 05:30am to workout for 45 minutes. Then I come back home sleep for a couple of hours and then head back to work. I'm starting to think that I'm tad bit crazy. During the days that I work I find myself waking up working out. I even have to find ways at work to get my physical requirements done. About two days ago I did push-ups on my cruiser and on the ground when i wasn't busy. I have my eye on the prize and will not stop until I reach my goal. This is "Not Your Commercial Black Belt"

No comments:

Post a Comment