Friday, February 26, 2010

Disney Princess Half Marathon

I know that most of my post are about Martial Arts and pain but I'm going to the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my fiance for short Vacation. Since I'm in my black belt cycle I still have to train as if I was still in Maryland while I'm done there in Florida. So i decided that I will run the 5k which starts early March 6 at 6am. I've never ran a race this early but sure have been training this early. I can't wait to run in this race because I decided to wear my Vibram Five Finger KSO's. I actually love these shoes because I can actually feel my legs and feet getting stronger since I've been using them. I know they look funny but the concept of running barefoot is something that wearing tennis shoes has taking away from the proper way to run and walk. Since I've been wearing these shoes I feel more natural when I'm running. I have been training for this race so I hope that I can beat my current best of 23minutes with a time of 20 minutes. I will let you know how the race goes. But until then I'll keep getting my miles in until the race day.. Count down to Race Time : 8 days away

No comments:

Post a Comment