Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quitting not an Option!!

I know that its been a while since I last blogged anything. So I went to Florida(Disney) with my fiance and her family, we both signed up for the Disney Princess Weekend races. I ran the 5k and she ran the Half Marathon. I wanted to surpass my personal best which was 23minutes flat. I gave it my best shot and ran 21minutes10 seconds. I really wanted to get under 20minutes but this will do. I really have been training hard in my Street Combat classes as well as outside of the school. I haven't had the opportunity to see how much weight I've lost but I feel great. The unfortunate part is that I failed the first Black Belt cycle I was in that started in January. Now, this wasn't because I did something wrong it was because we struggled as a unit. I think some people didn't realize how hard it was going to be. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to train in Martial Arts but my parents didn't have the money at the time. Now that I have the opportunity to progress and better myself with this Black Belt cycle I'm going to give it my all. Failure is not an option or should I say "quitting is not an option".

This is some encouragement for you when you feel like quitting "People do not lack strength; they lack will" Victor Hugo
Its all about heart and determination and having a Warrior Spirit!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment