Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Taste of Point Fighting


So this past Saturday I had a number of first. I met one of the American Gangster who actually lives in Baltimore Md. , Melvin Williams. I was told that the TV Show, "The Wire" was made after his life. All of the Students from my school who will be in the Black Belt cycle had to help clean up a recreation center that will be started by Mr. Williams. At first appearance he seemed like a regular old guy. But as the morning progress, he was one of the coolest guys I've ever meet. He sat down and talked to us about his life and how he changed his life from a negative to a positive. The bonus for us all was that he's also a black belt in Karate. It shows you that Martial Arts can help people change for the better.

Also this Saturday I took my first Kicking seminar and boy was it intense. We worked on stretching and all lower body exercises. I can remember one stretch was so excruciating that it felt like someone shot me in the butt. We did a lot of basics for kicking. The hardest thing for me was the footwork but once I got it down it was easy to perform the kicks. So this weekend I'll be competing in my first point fighting event in Salisbury Maryland called "The Battle in the Bury". I can't wait. I'm so excited!!!!! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment