Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Kobe V's with Martial Arts Theme


If you watch sports like I do or particularly NBA basketball then you heard of Kobe Bryant Aka Black Mamba. I will admit that I'm a Lakers Fan and travel away from the D.C. area with my fiance to catch a couple of Lakers games while on vacation. This article I just saw on Espn caught my eye. It's an article promoting Kobe Bryant's new Kobe Zoom V Bruce Lee variants. There are three photos that are Martial Arts inspired.The first two photos have Kobe posed with his Zoom V as nunchaku. The last photos is of Bryant in a JKD(Jeet Kune Do) stance. Crazy to think that Bruce Lee still has influence on today world. I think that its brilliant that he's using Martial Arts as the driving force to promote his new shoes. I think that Martial Arts are on a rise and this can only help with the growth of all Martial Arts. As a I go through my journey with martial arts, I can appreciate someone of his stature promoting Martial Art. Martial Arts gives us a sense of self and inner peace. It's not all about beating up people or learning new forms or weapons. Its all about being the best you that you can possibly be.

I recently found out that Kobe actually practices JKD(Jeet Kune Do) with Jerry Poteet a former student of Bruce Lee. If Kobe wasn't a practitioner of Martial arts I think that I would be pretty upset to use the image of Bruce Lee like this. Within the last year there has been a couple of Martial Art movies that have hit the U.S. market which says to me there is a demand for Martial Arts in our culture. Ong Bak 2 and Ninja Assassin where the movies that came out in 2009. I liked Ong Bak2 but didn't have the opportunity to see Ninja Assassin. The remake of Karate Kid coming out this summer with Jaden Smith the son of Will Smith should be really good.

I like to leave you with this,
The way of the Warrior is a way of life and can never be considered as a hobby unless you are seeking only to impress others with your techniques
Miyamoto Musashi

No comments:

Post a Comment