Sunday, February 21, 2010

WE BRINGING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL TRAINING!


This past Saturday workout was one that we all will never forget and one that we weren't expecting. It starting out a bit weird because one of the lights blew out and we were trying to replace it. So Mr. Daniel and Mr. Leo started the workout session. Before we started I heard the phone ring and the person on the phone kept asking who was there and Ms. Jasmine said to that person who all was here. So in my head I'm thinking it had to be Master Kimber or Professor Bam. In ten minutes I see Professor Bam come in pumped up as usual and said "everybody outside, grab your jump rope and hoodie". We all grab our stuff and run outside. Mind you it's about 6:15 in the morning so its cold outside. We started jumping rope, the rope jumping lead to punching combo's, which lead to Punching the Snow and Push-ups in the snow. I've never in my life done anything like this. I've only seen it on Kung-fu movies when the students are training for a big fight or something. We commence to punching the snow which some of it was ice and I could see red in the snow but I just kept going. I was thinking that its cold out here and I need to keep the body moving. After we finishing with the snow we did some jumping jacks, push-ups on cars, and running around cars with black ice on the ground. We then begain to get into the clinch(flow drill) on the black ice to see if we could hold up with out falling. Of course I fell which made me upset with myself. But we all can't be perfect. I took this drill serious because this could happen to me at work. Just a real scenario in my mind. We went back inside and continued to push on. Shifu Green hands were cut up and blooding I looked down at my hand and notice that I had some cuts on my hands also. We started punching combos and just working the bags with whatever felt right at the time. I notice that my hands felt like bricks. I felt like I was punching the bag harder than I've ever had. Again I thought to myself punching the snow was good training. One of the toughest exercise you can do period is a body weight back row. I do these with the TRX(straps that's in my pictures). It's especially hard with an unstable object. We did them with a Bo staff and we were holding it up on opposite sides. When it was my turn i was working as hard as I could, then Professor Bam catches me off guard with a shot to the stomach. In my head I was thinking definitely wasn't ready for that. Professor gets me again, again and again. My favorite part of the day was the back and forth ab shots. I know that this is something that I need to work on. I just try to give it my best. Its not fun when you feel someone knuckles inside your gut. But it only makes your stronger..
We bringing back the Old School.... I hope everyone is ready..

No comments:

Post a Comment